Sunday, June 14, 2009

Our $2.50 Creation


This is our latest addition to the nursery, and I must say we are QUITE proud! Jo Marie picked up this quilt rack at a garage sale for $1.00 and then found some scrap wood at the hardware store on clearance for $1.50. I used the wood to turn the quilt rack into a functional book shelf for Max's wall. As for the books we put on the shelf, Jo has a rule of not spending more than 50 cents on Dr. Seuss books and 25 cents on all of the rest (although she did fork out a whole $1.00 for the Giant Book of Mathematics!). So, books included, the shelf set us back a whopping $5.75. Cute little Raggedy Andy was mine when I was little. We love it! The rocking chair that Jo's mom gave us will sit in front of the shelf. It's all coming together!

1 comment:

  1. That is awesome!!! You guys are way too creative! I'm pretty sure my favorite part is the Giant Book of Mathematics... Btw, I'm paying you guys to create my nursery when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete