Tuesday, October 6, 2009

The Two Month Mark!

Can you believe today (10/6/09) marks two months since Max's arrival? I sure can't! I can't even begin to tell you how much joy little Max has showered us with in the past two months. He has been an enormous blessing.

A lot has happened since our last post. Most importantly, he's smiling (he is sleeping in the picture above, but it still resembles a smile - that pic was taken at the Dr). It is the greatest. We visited the pediatrician a couple of weeks ago and everything looked good. He weight 9 lbs 1 oz (15th percentile) and was 22 3/4 inches long (75th percentile). We had a visit from Lizzie Shepherd and she taught us some of the tricks of the trade that she acquired from her experience with her girls. I am a little afraid to type it for fear of jinxing things, but Max is sleeping at least one 5 hour stretch in the night. It is amazing. I am finally feeling a little rested.
I am done supervising student teachers for this semester, so my only obligation is teaching part-time for Insight Schools and hanging out with my boy! Zak and I feel very blessed that I am able to stay at home with Max and earn some extra money working for KU and for Insight Schools. It really is a great set-up.

Things to come: HALLOWEEN. Would it surprise you if I said that I currently have three Halloween costumes in the running for Max? It is a little ridiculous, but my am I having a blast with it!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE the sleeping pic, absolutely adoreable!

    ~zs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are the costumes?! Do tell...

    ReplyDelete